Move Along, Nothing To See Here
Watching inane television, rubber necking at traffic accidents or viewing any of the top 10 YouTube videos on any given day are just 3 things that are an insipid waste of time and focus. Move along, nothing to see in any of that.
Here are some other things not worth focusing on for you folks who Sell to feed yourself and your kids.
- If a prospect’s hand is raised (no matter how high) then you needn’t start from scratch with that selling process. Move along, nothing to see here. No need to create interest already created, rather fuel the interest and move the sales process forward.
- If you had that cup of coffee already and got caught up on your colleagues weekend activities (or better yet didn’t waste time getting caught up) – get in your car or get on the phone and start connecting with prospects/clients. Move along, nothing to see here. Keep moving – time is precious and hard to get from your busy clients.
- If you have presented the solution, painted a compelling picture of how the client benefits from using it and removed the perceived risk of their investment then you needn’t hang around that part of the selling process any longer. Move along, nothing to see here. Ask for the business or presume you have it and move forward.
- If you’ve got a few questions answered from your client then quit asking more. Move along, nothing to see here. Incessant discovery of clients’ wishes, dreams and goals is exhausting for them- teach them something smart instead. That will move the sales process forward.
- If you’ve gotten two “Send me some info’s”, one missed planned call and a couple of “I’ll look it over’s..” then you needn’t keep nurturing this lead. Move along, nothing to see here. The prospects willingness to change is not there- they will stay with whatever they are doing today (including nothing) and are just trying to be polite.
I bet there are a dozen other wasted foci out there; feel free to share (and teach us) in comments!
Till next time,
Grow The Business.