Let’s start this post with Jeopardy like feel except that the answer to the following 6 questions is the same:
What is, “You bet I would!”
- If you knew small business prospects are 3 times more likely to act when you give dollar discounts versus percentage (%) discounts, would you handle your offers or pitches differently?
- If you knew most small business prospects had already looked at your website before they called you inquiring about pricing, would you handle the call differently?
- If you knew most small business prospects initially dislike being interrupted over the phone by sales reps, would you handle your call opening differently?
- If you knew most small businesses think you are more credible if you give specific details (like “we are launching a 3 part welcome program to all new customers..”) vs. sharing a customer testimonial, then would you speak or market differently?
- If you knew that 3 out 4 small business prospects in Manufacturing, Construction and Healthcare have their interest piqued when you share information specific to their industry ( vs. say just 1 out of 4 Retail prospects care about information specific to their industry), would you plan your contacts, visits and marketing with these types of verticals differently?
- If you knew that most small businesses don’t yet realize social media is the new and most sacred “Word of Mouth”, would you talk about, advise, encourage and role model social media differently?
The above are true and just a smattering of real data about real small businesses I culled from the research done by firms like the Enterprise Council on Small Business (ECSB) and other reputable research orgs.
Now you know. Go forward differently.
Till next time,
Grow The Business.